SETTING YOURSELF & YOUR CAREER UP FOR SUCCESS
Getting into communications at Mesa PD has never made more sense for someone looking to start their career as a young adult. You don’t need any kind of background, prior training or degree to have a successful career as a telecommunicator. Consistent and flexible scheduling, great benefits and endless career advancement opportunities.
- Graduation from high school or GED.
- Any combination of training, education, or experience equivalent to good (1–3 years) experience in public contact or customer service experience.
- A minimum typing speed of 35 net words per minute (nwpm) is also required and will be verified prior to employment or promotion to this class.
Starting pay for an Operator
- $47,523.84 or $22.84 an hour.
Starting pay for Dispatch Laterals
- $52,394.16 or $25.18 an hour.
In addition to the base hourly rate, here are some other incentives we offer:
- $2000 operator hiring bonus.*
- $5000 lateral hiring bonus.*
- Lifetime medical is available at retirement.
- Employee wellness center available to employees and their dependents.
- Overtime compensation will be paid at one and one-half (1-1/2) times the employee’s regular rate of pay.
- College tuition reimbursement up to $8,124.00 annually.
*Half is paid at the completion of training, then the other half at the one-year anniversary of employment.
Click APPLY NOW to complete and submit the appropriate application online.
Mesa Communications Department offers a hiring bonus to New Hires as well as Lateral Hires. Apply now or contact a recruiter to learn more.