Emergency Telecommunicators are the first point of contact in any emergency. They are the calm in the chaos, getting help as quickly as possible. Mesa Communications offers an exciting, rewarding, and benefit rich experience for those willing to take the plunge and jump into this amazing career supporting their community.
SETTING YOURSELF & YOUR CAREER UP FOR SUCCESS
Getting into communications at Mesa PD has never made more sense for someone looking to start their career as a young adult. You don’t need any kind of background, prior training or degree to have a successful career as a telecommunicator. Consistent and flexible scheduling, great benefits and endless career advancement opportunities.
- Graduation from high school or GED.
- Any combination of training, education, or experience equivalent to good (1–3 years) experience in public contact or customer service experience.
- A minimum typing speed of 35 net words per minute (nwpm) is also required and will be verified prior to employment or promotion to this class.
Starting pay for an Operator
- $47,523.84 or $22.84 an hour.
Starting pay for Dispatch Laterals
- $52,394.16 or $25.18 an hour.
In addition to the base hourly rate, here are some other incentives we offer:
- $2000 operator hiring bonus.*
- $5000 lateral hiring bonus.*
- Lifetime medical is available at retirement.
- Employee wellness center available to employees and their dependents.
- Overtime compensation will be paid at one and one-half (1-1/2) times the employee’s regular rate of pay.
- College tuition reimbursement up to $8,124.00 annually.
*Half is paid at the completion of training, then the other half at the one-year anniversary of employment.
Click APPLY NOW to complete and submit the appropriate application online.
Mesa Communications Department offers a hiring bonus to New Hires as well as Lateral Hires. Apply now or contact a recruiter to learn more.